(Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
FAFSA is the first step to apply for:
1. Federal and State grants
2. Student loans
3. Work-study programs to help pay for 2- or 4-year college or trade schools.
Organize folders by FAFSA & PIN information, separate scholarships, separate college applications
Keep a calendar with all deadlines
- Two weeks before you plan to complete the FAFSA go to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Click on the PIN tab. The PIN (Personal Identification Number) is your electronic signature for FAFSA.
- The number will be emailed to you.
- This PIN can be used each year you are in college to reapply for the FAFSA.
- Both parent and student should get a PIN.
- Print out the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet 2014-2015 to help with collecting all information needed to complete the FAFSA on-line.
- Information required to complete the form:
(1) student & parent financial information
(2) your financial information
(3) you and your parents need a PIN to sign and complete your FAFSA application
FAFSA Web Site
Beginning January 1st of senior year complete the FAFSA. You will need family tax information completed first.
ALL TECH PREP STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE THE FAFSA