Message from Superintendent Dan Schroer
Welcome to the Greene County Career Center’s website! We are proud to be Greene County’s site for adult workforce education and secondary career technical and academic education. The staff and administration are committed to educating adult and secondary students through updated technology, exciting hands-on lessons, college preparatory academics, job placement experiences and student organizations.
During 2012, the accomplishments of the students were outstanding. Allow me to share some of our success:
· Adult Workforce Education Division was rated 6th out of 34 programs in Ohio based on a series of performance measures.
· The High School Career-Technical ranking jumped to 17th in Ohio after being listed 41st in the prior year.
· Staff in the Treasurer’s Office won the Ohio Auditor’s State Award for the FY2011 financial audit.
· 2012 high school program completers and GED graduates earned approximately $740,000 in college scholarship money.
· The high school Class of 2012 served 10,767 hours of community service and earned 433 college credits from SinclairCommunity College.
· The Culinary Arts program placed 2nd in the dessert category at the Taste of Greene County.
· Allison Hutchinson was elected Secretary of the Ohio Chapter of Health Occupations Student Association. Allison is a Fairborn High School student.
· Alisia Rosas took 4th in Keyboarding Production and the Global Marketing team of Brent Miller, Nicole Warner and Steven Woerner captured 4th place at the Business Professionals of America National Leadership Conference. All of these students were from Bellbrook High School.
· The Community Awareness team of Sierra Click (Fairborn High School), Sarah Doyle (Fairborn High School), Samantha Hanson (Greeneview High School) and Eryka Null (Greeneview High School) placed 8th at the HOSA National Leadership Conference.
· The Agricultural Research Center opened for the new Veterinary Science and Equine Science programs and upcoming Adult WorkforceEducation classes. International Business & Finance was added at the main campus as a high school career-technical program.
· Adult Workforce Education division saw 97% placement from Basic Peace Officer Academy, 100% certification passage and employment in Medical Assistant program, and 100% certification passage in HVAC, Medica lOffice Specialist and Electrical Wiring programs.
· The Class of 2012 earned 209 Tech Prep Scholarships and 433 college credits through Sinclair Community College.
· The Dayton Business Journal ranked the Adult Workforce Education division 3rd in workforce development among post-secondary schools in the Miami Valley.
2013 promises to bring even more student accomplishments. We welcome you to visit the Career Center and see our programs.
Mr. Schroer can be contacted at email@example.com